Welcome to The Dublin Preschool Classroom!
The Preschool classroom is designed for students 3-4 years old. The Discover-Learn-Achieve curriculum is designed to introduce students to multiple subjects while allowing them to learn through exploration and imagination. Students interact with their peers, reinforcing social confidence as well as independence. Through lesson plans designed around their needs and interprets, Dublin Learning Academy is able to assist Preschool students as they begin their academic journey.
The care and development of Dublin Preschool students are the top priorities of our experienced teachers and staff. We work closely with our Dublin Preschool students to ensure each child is working towards achievement goals at DLA. Our teachers strive for, assess, and celebrate the following regularly for each student.
- Recognizes sight words
- Uses language to describe times
- Begins to print letters and numbers
- Expresses complete thoughts verbally
- Recognizes letters by sight and sounds
- Holds books correctly (open in right)
- Looks through books left to right
- Predicts what is next in a story
- Identifies lower case letters
- Writes name
- Walks in a line and follows directions
- Dresses self (coat, hat, gloves, boots)
- Holds & uses scissors correctly
- Uses left/right hand as dominant
- Traces lines, letters, and numbers
- Puts shoes on correct feet
- Holds pencil correctly
- Cleans up after oneself
- Understands the concept of counting objects
- Counts and recognizes numbers 1-25
- Begins to copy numbers 1-20
- Identifies 10 basic shapes
- Identifies coins
- Identifies groupings (i.e. family & school)
- Compares objects by words (i.e. bigger)
- Investigates animals and their habitats
- Copies & completes simple patterns
- Knowledgeable with the calendar
- Knows the needs of living things
- Explores details of each season
- Understands the five senses
- Identifies & sorts objects
- Uses manners, including “please” and “thank you”
- Follows instructions and discipline policy willfully
- Expresses motivation to be independent and not dependent
- Communicates needs and wants clearly
- Plays cooperative with other children
- Demonstrates self-control with emotions
Reciteshome telephone number
- Stays focused on the task at hand
- Completes restroom tasks independently
- Shares materials/ideas with peers
- Understands the concept of rules
- Follows 2 to 3 step instructions
- Takes pride in one’s own work
- Separates easily from parent
- Respects school property
- Uses good hygiene etiquette
- Controls voice
Dublin Learning Academy offers quality childcare and learning opportunities for infant through school-age children from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. using small class sizes, child-oriented classrooms and stimulating curriculum, including:
- Language Arts
- Social Sciences
- Foreign Language
- Physical Education
Dublin Learning Academy preschool teachers provide a fun and safe place for children to learn and grow at their own pace. Children gain confidence as they are guided through a unique year-round comprehensive curriculum that is comprised of month-long themes designed exclusively for Dublin Learning Academy preschool students, such as:
- Four Seasons
- Camping Fun
- The Human Body
- Family & Friends
- Oceans & Continents
- Our Country
- Community Helpers
- Safety Towne
Focus in the Dublin Preschool Classroom
This program is designed to introduce Dublin Preschool students to a daily school routine and dynamic academic world that awaits them. Teachers work with students to foster good self-esteem in social development while having fun learning around the world around them. Getting along well with others and learning to follow a routine provides a good foundation to make the most of educational opportunities.
Rewards & Discipline
Preschool teachers in Dublin, OH encourage students with behavior charts and lots of praise! Students are rewarded for such things as: “Using gentle hands,” sharing, clean-up, and good “listening ears.” When a student is displaying inappropriate behavior the teacher will use re-direction.
Preschool students bring packed lunches or purchase catered meals. Preschool students who come before 8:30 a.m. may bring breakfast to eat at school. Dublin Learning Academy provides milk for Preschool students as well at meals and snack times. Please note that due to the health risks of students with severe allergies, Dublin Learning Academy has a school-wide peanut-free policy. Microwaves and refrigerators are located in the classroom for food storage convenience. Teachers will remind parents when their child is running low on snacks. Parents are responsible for supplying new snacks and providing a labeled water bottle for their child each day.
Preschool students are given the option to nap each day after lunch. Students who nap are assigned their own cot for nap time. All bedding is provided by the parent and bedding is sent home at the end of the week to be cleaned and returned. Students who do not nap stay in the classroom for teacher-led activities that support the weekly lesson plan. At any time, parents may opt for their children to transition from taking naps to participating in classroom activities by completing the nap form and returning it to the office.
Enrolling your child in the Dublin Preschool Class
The decision to enroll your child is an exciting one! Once you have the made the decision to enroll, we want to make the transition for your family a pleasant one. Please complete and return all paperwork before your child’s first day. You may want to consider labeling all personal items in advance as well. The office is available to answer questions any time!
The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery
- 1 Water Bottle (labeled)
- Crib sheet for a cot (as needed)
- Extra set of clothing
- Daily lunch (if needed)
- School supplies as requested by the teacher
Forms of Paperwork
- Tuition Agreement
- Student Profile
- Child Enrollment/Health Information Form
- Pick Up Authorization Form
- Medical/Physical Care Plan (if needed)
- Parent Handbook Agreement
- Family Key Agreement
- Media Form
- Medical Statement
Why Choose Our Dublin Ohio Preschool?
- Safe and stimulating preschool environment in Dublin, Ohio
- Compassionate teachers who are dedicated to nurturing and educating your child.
- Professional development that is preschool age in Dublin, OH
- Preschool classrooms exceed licensing requirements
- New preschool facility in Dublin, Ohio
Our Dublin Preschool Location
Preschool Reviews in Dublin, Ohio
I was a preschool teacher at the company. I have many years of school to do this job and enjoyed it very much. A typical day at DLA would be to come in, prepare for the days activities and making sure I was stocked with all the materials I needed to assist the children. Utilize the toys and time allowed to teach while playing with the young children.
I learned that every child and parent are different and react differently to different situations. The management there was great and understanding if I had any situations arise with my child or husband that were out of my control. The staff there has been there for a long time so turn over was low.
My co workers all helped each other out with everything to getting ready for naps to restroom breaks. The hardest part of my job was calling parents telling them their child was sick or injured. I have a son myself and know whenever I get a call from the school that I immediately get worried.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing what progress the children had when they go to the next class or when their parents come in and tell me their child had signed for more or had taken their first steps or had said a name of one of their friends. I know I had a part in helping teach that child that skill.