Welcome to The Pre-Kindergarten Classroom!Pre-Kindergarten provides a safe and exciting space for four and five-year-old students to dive deeper into the world around them using our Discover-Learn-Achieve curriculum with an emphasis on kindergarten readiness. Classrooms offer the same rich learning experience and learning targets as well as teachers who work together to offer a well-rounded learning experience. Pre-Kindergarten students are encouraged to take an active role in their learning process through beginning reading books, sign word lists, and many other practical learning tools. Through exploration and hands-on experiences, Dublin Learning Academy is able to assist Pre-Kindergarten students as they meet personal learning targets in fun and educational ways.
Developmental MilestonesThe care and development of Pre-Kindergarten students are the top priorities of our experienced teachers and staff. We work closely with our Pre-Kindergarten students to ensure each child is working towards achievement goals at DLA. Our teachers strive for, assess, and celebrate the following regularly for each student.
- Explains what a story is about, what comes next and details about characters
- Knows concepts of print-reading left to right, holds a book correctly
- Knows letters and sounds and recognizes common sight words
- Recognizes rhymes in familiar songs, poems, and stories
- Shares writing samples and pictures with others
Reciteshome telephone number and address
- Follows two-part spoken directions
- Reads their first and last names.
- Understands concepts of more, less, and same
- Matches-symbols, shapes, and patterns
- Identifies and copies the numbers 1-100
- Identifies and uses a clock and calendar
- Understands patterns and sequencing
- Identifies, matches, and sorts objects
- Recognizes shapes, colors, sizes
- Identifies money
- Identifies disparities in groups of living things
- Describes and compares seasonal changes
- Identifies basic colors and is able to mix colors
- Investigates animals and their habitats
- Observes weather and plant life.
- Uses the five senses.
- Communicates needs/wants clearly
- Works well within a group and uses manners
- Participates in all aspects of a group setting
- Understands and is willing/able to follow rules.
District CurriculumDublin Learning Academy offers quality childcare and learning opportunities for infant through school-age children from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. using small class sizes, child-oriented classrooms and stimulating curriculum, including:
- Language Arts
- Social Sciences
- Foreign Language
- Physical Education
- Four Seasons
- Camping Fun
- The Human Body
- Family & Friends
- Oceans & Continents
- Our Country
- Community Helpers
- Safety Towne
Focus in the Pre-Kindergarten ClassroomPre-Kindergarten students are introduced to reading tools and handwriting skills with an emphasis on Kindergarten readiness. In preparation for the Kindergarten experience, students follow a daily school schedule and work with teachers and classmates to advance in the areas of language arts, mathematics, science, and social skills. Sight words and individual reading assessment help our students reach their full potential.
Rewards & DisciplinePre-Kindergarten teachers encourage students with behavior charts and lots of praise! Students are rewarded for such things as following school and classroom rules, showing good manners, sharing, clean-up, and good “listening ears.” When a student is displaying inappropriate the teacher will re-direct them. When appropriate behavior is continually displayed, a student may be re-directed to a self-directed activity.
NutritionPre-Kindergarten students bring packed lunches or purchase catered meals. Pre-Kindergarten students who come before 8:30 a.m. may bring breakfast to eat at school. Dublin Learning Academy provides milk for Pre-Kindergarten students at meals and snack times. Please note that due to the health risks of students with severe allergies, Dublin Learning Academy has a school-wide peanut-free policy. Microwaves and refrigerators are located in the classroom for food storage convenience. Parents are responsible for supplying a water bottle for their child each day and all snacks.
Nap TimePre-Kindergarten students are given the option to nap each day after lunch. Students who nap are assigned their own cot for nap time. All bedding is provided by the parent and bedding is sent home at the end of the week to be cleaned and returned the following week. Children who do not nap will participate in teacher-led activities in the classroom that support the weekly lesson plan. At any time, parents may opt for their children to transition from taking naps to participating in classroom activities by completing the nap form and returning it to the office.
Enrolling your child in the Pre-Kindergarten ClassThe decision to enroll your child is an exciting one! Once you have the made the decision to enroll, we want to make the transition for your family a pleasant one. Please complete and return all paperwork before your child’s first day. You may want to consider labeling all personal items in advance as well. The office is available to answer questions any time!
There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. Walt Streightiff
- 1 Water Bottle (labeled)
- Crib sheet for a cot
- Extra set of clothing
- Balanced Daily lunch (if needed)
- School supplies as requested by the teacher
Forms of Paperwork
- Tuition Agreement
- Student Profile
- Child Enrollment/Health Information Form
- Pick Up Authorization Form
- Medical/Physical Care Plan (if needed)
- Parent Handbook Agreement
- Family Key Agreement
- Media Form
- Medical Statement
Ratio: 1:14 Class Size: Max 14
Full-Time: 6:30am – 6:00pm (5 days/wk)